Abbiamo notato che stai utilizzando un browser non compatibile. E'possibile che il sito di Tripadvisor non sia visualizzabile.Il nostro sito e' ottimizzato per i seguenti navigatori:
floridatraveler33 ha scritto una recensione a giu 2019
Jacksonville, Florida684 contributi125 voti utili
We have been on a little more than a dozen cruises from the Galapagos to Alaska, but I have always been allured by the prospect of doing a European river cruise. You see the heavy advertising by that one cruise line that starts with a 'V' - when you say 'river cruise', it's the first name that come to people's mind. I decided to research, however, fortunately I have a brother-in-law that is a pro at it. So we tagged along on his selection of AMAWaterways.

Let me start out by saying that river cruises are expensive. I have a better understanding of why now. For starters, the ratio of staff to guests provides you with a better quality of service. Secondly, the number of passengers on the ship is much less than your typical cruise since the ships are designed to navigate narrow rivers and locks. Finally, and I think most importantly, the probability of things going wrong is higher than, say, a Caribbean cruise. The locks could have issues, the wait queue for entry through a lock to offset your schedule, and so on. The river cruise staff seems better equipped to alter the schedule than your typical cruise staff.

So, service and agility are two important facets of river cruising that I had not taken into account. I did, however, expect to have a great experience watching castles outside my cabin window - just like the commercials show. It's not quite like that, though, the itinerary does include much of that. Most of the time you're looking at farmland or commercial depots that load cargo onto barges. The AMAWaterways Amadante had pager-like devices that would alert you when you were approaching something of interest, and they would also make an announcement on the intercom during daylight hours.

One of my biggest fears was that the passengers tend to be older, much older. That was not the case on our cruise since we were with a large crowd that cruises together. I might not have chosen a river cruise if we didn't know at least one other couple in our age group. Nevertheless, the itinerary accounts for various levels of activity, so we chose excursions such as bike tours or long walking tours that was much more strenuous.

In the end, I was happy to have paid a little extra to enjoy a river cruise through Europe, though, I can't imagine I will be a 'frequent river cruiser'.
Scopri di più
Piscine e terrazze
Attività a bordo
Intrattenimento
Rapporto qualità-prezzo
Questa recensione rappresenta l'opinione personale di un viaggiatore di TripAdvisor e non di TripAdvisor LLC.
Utile
Condividi
Scorri verso il basso per altre ottime recensioni

AmaWaterways AmaDante

Passeggeri/Equipaggio: 3.2:1
Data del varo: 2008

Cabine

Con balcone
Dimensioni cabina: 170 - 225 sq. ft.
Camere comunicanti: 0
Filtri selezionati
  • Filtra
  • Italiano
Nessun risultato.
Prova a rimuovere un filtro, modificare la ricerca o per leggere le recensioni.